A refreshing and delicious recipe to make on board that’s perfect for summer. It is also very easy to toss together, especially if you use leftover quinoa. This recipe will make 4 medium-sized salads or 8 side salads.
- 220g/ 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed in a fine-mesh colander
- 1/2 L/ 2 cups water
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 100g/ ¾ cup chopped red onion (from 1 small red onion)
- 220g/ 1 cup matovilac (corn) salad
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 30ml/ ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 15 minutes, reducing heat as time goes on to maintain a gentle simmer. Remove from heat, cover, and let the quinoa rest for 5 minutes, to give it time to fluff up. In a large serving bowl, combine the pepper, red onion, salad and sunflower seeds. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and salt. Whisk until blended, then set aside. Once the quinoa is mostly cool, add it to the serving bowl, and drizzle the dressing on top. Toss until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Season with black pepper, to taste. Dobar tek!