Carrots are amazing root vegetables that support hair, skin and nails. This recipe for crispy, herb and garlic coated carrots won’t disappoint. The secret that really makes this recipe special is to parboil the carrots before baking them! This makes them extra tender inside and crispy on the outside. Here is how to make these highly nutritious treats:
This recipe is for two servings:
You will need:
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Peel and cut the carrots into fries. Transfer to a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes (don’t overdo it, you just want them to be cooked through, not a mushy mess!)
- Drain the water. Add the coconut oil, salt, garlic and herbs and stir until coated. If they get a little crushed on the edges, don’t worry. This will make them more crispy once we bake them. You can even cover the pot and shake it do achieve this result.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange the fries on a single layer so none are overlapping . Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping them halfway.
- Remove from the oven when the edges are golden and crispy.